Body & Soul TV
Check out footage from the Quarterly Body & Soul Pastors Breakfast
The Network for a Healthy California sponsors the Body & Soul wellness program to enhance the health ministry of African American churches throughout California.
The mission of Body&Soul is simple – to encourage church members to take charge of their health through making healthier choices, eating better and increasing physical activity every day.
The success of Body & Soul lies within 4 important pillars:
Pillar 1: A pastor who is committed and involved
Pillar 2: Church activities that promote healthy eating and increased physical activity
Pillar 3: A church environment that promotes healthy eating and increased physical activity
Pillar 4: Peer counseling that motivates church members to eat a healthy diet and lead active lives
Churches that embrace Body & Soul celebrate the health of mind, body and spirit, and empower their members to:
- Learn how health and spirituality are connected
- Eat healthier, more nutritious foods, such as a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Increase their physical activity
- Gain access to vital health information
- Support one another in achieving better health through a nurturing peer environment